Panama Official Segway® Tour
The Official Segway® Tour in Panama is a must do during your stay. Our team provides you with a different and fun way to experience the highlights of Panama City, its History and Natural areas using our eco-friendly Personal Transporter. This is the most fun you can have while standing up. We teach you how to stand & ride our New 2013 Segway’s X2 and review all safety issues.
Join us for a 90 minutes ride, a combination of panoramic-historic tour, on Panama City´s new Coast-line and the Colonial City and get to know one of our World Heritage Monuments (Casco Antiguo).
Panama Marine Adventures connects the modern seafront city to the squares of the old city. You will be able to enjoy a panoramic of the impressive skyline, move through sidewalks and the brick streets of the historical monuments in just 90 minutes.
Casco Antiguo de la Ciudad de Panamá
Points of Interest:
Merced Arian Church, Herrera Plaza, Saint Joseph Church, Independence/Cathedral Plaza, French Plaza, National Theatre, Bolivar Plaza, San Francisco de Asis Church, Presidential Palace.
The Tour Includes:
- Segway Leader (tour guide specialized on use of Segway PTs)
- Training, Helmets, Headsets, Bottle of water and poncho
Conditions | Panama Segway Adventures
- Panama Segway Adventures is an activity for a minimum of six people.
- If you come alone or in a small group we might join you with another group in the same time slot
- We also offer the option to book private segway tours
- We meet punctually at the time indicated on your confirmation mail
- Our meeting point is at Casco Antiguo in the National Theatre’s parking lot located in Calle 2ª Este.
- Before leaving, you will receive a brief Segway training. Use of helmets is mandatory
- The minimum age allowed is 10 years old,
- The minimum weight the PT can take is 100lbs (45kg) and the maximum is 260lbs (117kg)
- Because of safety reasons, we unfortunately can’t accept pregnant women on the Segway Tour
The Segway PT (abbreviation for Personal Transporter) is a two-wheeled, self-balancing, battery-powered electric vehicle invented in the United States in 2001. It is produced by Segway Inc. of New Hampshire, USA.
The Segway PT is the first auto-balanced transportation device. Computers and motors in the base of the device keep the Segway PT upright when powered on with balancing enabled. A user commands the Segway to go forward by shifting their weight forward on the platform, and backward by shifting their weight backward. The Segway detects, as it balances, the change in its center of mass, and first establishes and then maintains a corresponding speed, forward or backward. Gyroscopic sensors and fluid-based leveling sensors detect the weight shift. To turn, the user presses the handlebar to the left or the right. The PTs are driven by electric motors and can go up to 12.5 miles per hour that can be controlled and programed electronically.